Gulf Annual Ryegrass Seed
Gulf Annual Ryegrass Seed is perfect to plant in Winter. This Oregon-grown, premium quality grass seed provides quick, temporary cover. It’s fast to germinate, so you’ll be able to see results shortly after applying the bag of annual ryegrass seed. Fast to germinate
Quick cover seed provides temporary cover
Oregon-grown, premium quality grass seed
50 lb. bag of annual ryegrass seed
- Lawns: 5 – 10 lbs. per 1000 sq.ft. heavily seeded for a beautiful thick stand.
- Pastures: 20-40 lbs per acre broadcast, or 20 lbs. per acre drilled.
RYEGRASS, GULF ANNUAL
Gulf annual ryegrass is used for lawn, pasture and forage applications around the world.
Natural reseeding is common.
Can be seeded with other cool season grasses and legumes.
Seeding rate: 25 – 40 lbs per acre
Seed depth: .25 inch
Planting time: Fall – Winter
Soil pH range: 5.5 – 7.5
Annual Rye Seed Information
- Planting Time: Cooler, Winter Months
- Type: Annual
- Maintenance: Low
- Applications: Pastures, Grazing, Soil Conservation, Weed Suppression, Improve Crop Quality, Inhibit Disease and Pests
- Germination Period: 7-14 days
- Climate: Higher elevations, cooler, humid climates
- Seed Rate: 40 lbs. per acre (Broadcast); 20 lbs. per acre (Grain Drill)
- Seed Depth – ¼ to ½ inch
Annual Rye is a fast germinating seed that performs well when used to increase organic matter, suppress weeds and prevent erosion. It is also popular for grazing. The nurturing qualities of this seed makes it perfect for use in ‘living sod’ cash crop systems, as it reduces soil splashing, improves the quality of crops, and can even suppress diseases and pests. Farmers use it to improve their topsoil systems. It can be planted year round in higher elevations; otherwise, cooler winter months are recommended. Once well established, Annual Rye performs well in temporary waterlogged soils, however, it requires sun as it does not tolerate shade for long periods of time.
Annual Rye Seed Growth Area
Care and Maintenance
- Planting Conditions: Good Seed Bed
- pH: 5.6 – 7.0
- Recommended Fertilizer: OK to Soil Test
- Watering Requirements: Medium Levels of Water
- Mowing: Less Frequent; Grazing
- Planting Instructions
- Broadcast: 40 lbs. per acre
- Grain Drill: 10 lbs. per acre (pure live seed in a well-prepared, weed free field)
- Plant at a depth of ¼ to ½ inch.